Girly chatter(Gabs and Michelle)

Go down

Girly chatter(Gabs and Michelle)

Post  Guest on Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:49 am

The Othello room had two words that could describe it at the moment, homey and messy. They had just gotten to school within the last month and already they had let this new room take on the same feel that the last dorm had. Adrienne however didn't really like the current setting, the last dorm had had strings of candles charmed to light up on there very late night talks. Adrienne missed it so maybe that was why she had two bags full of candles that she was ready to light and let fly. She looked up at the ceiling with a smile, it was always an ambitious project to give the room that little extra touch but she enjoyed it.

She walked over to the bed and set the bags down gently. She then went to the nearest window and opened the curtains, they were a new addition, a combined effort of both Adrienne and Gabs. Neither Adrienne or Gabe were early risers so why not get heavier curtains to block out the sun? They weren't really sure if they could do that but Adrienne was positive that with Gabe being the daughter of the man who owned this place that she could pull some strings, so heavier curtains it was. The sun however, no shown through the windows like a heavy burden. The birds sang and the wind blew pleasantly. However, there were storm clouds on the horizon so Adrienne figured let in the light while its here.

After the curtains were open it was time to begin with the candles. She started taking the candle bags out one by one, after all they don't sell tea lights individually. All the candles were white, in a way to add class to their very unclassy room right now. She struggled to open one of the bags for a couple of moments but she got it eventually, spewing candles all over the floor. With a sigh she bent over and picked them up, setting them on the bed. Now that they were all picked up she decided to light them. Within fifteen minutes and a bunch of flame later they were all lighted and floating above her head. Then with a snap of her fingers all the flame was gone, its not that she was afraid they would burn out its just bit was a waste of candle light.

When she finished she sat down in her window seat that was decorated with a golden fabric that had purple trim. She always thought of them as royal colors and she certainly never felt royal at home. After her dad died her family got a ton of money but her mother gave it all to the kids and told them to spend it on school or only spend it at school. Not that really didn't leave Adrienne with a bunch of time to spend her money so her mother always said 'I see you've been saving' and she would have the heart to tell her mother she just couldn't get in the habit of spending money she didn't use to have. She smiled at the sun and stretched a bit, she wasn't tired from all the studying lately. 'Note to self: Don't study so much' she thought as she leaned back against the pillows.

She had always enjoyed the view she got from her little window box, the whole month she been here. She had tried to do the majority of her studying in the box rather than the stuffy library. In their old dorms they had had desks but she enjoyed the window box more than the desks. The window boxes gave you the ability to look outside and allowed you the ability to get distracted. Adrienne didn't feel that it was healthy to just do homework all the time, some times you just needed a break from everything. This was her break, though she was positive one of her roomies would come to join her soon. Then again who wouldn't want to see one of their best buddies, no matter what time it was?In the mean time her cat chip came to join her.

Back to top Go down

Re: Girly chatter(Gabs and Michelle)

Post  Gabrielle Amorcya on Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:19 pm

Gabrielle was in no hurry to get to her dormitory. She knew what was waiting for her in the sixth year girl’s dorm. A mess. And probably some candles. Adrienne loved getting candles for the girl’s dorm. Gabrielle was fine with candles, as long as they were the scented kind. Thankfully, her best friend knew her well enough to get scented candles. Gabrielle was excited to be able to spend some time with Adrienne. But she was less excited that their time together had to be spent in the dormitory. Gabrielle Amorcya did not clean. She hated it. She always left that up to Michelle, and she wasn’t sure Michelle liked cleaning, either. So really, cleaning was a lost cause when it came to the twins.

Gabrielle was just coming in from the gardens. The giant willow tree there was her favourite place at the school, and she loved to spend her free time there. A lot of her friends didn’t really understand why. It was just a tree, after all. But that would be like saying to Michelle, “it’s just a waterfall”. Michelle would probably throw a fit and claim that it was more than a waterfall. And Gabrielle had the same argument for her willow tree. It was more than just a tree. It was a place for Gabrielle to think. A place for her to get away from the rest of the school and just be herself. It was a place for her to hide when things got too tough or too real.

As she pushed open the large iron doors and entered the ivory coloured first floor of Oasis Hill Academy, Gabrielle’s thoughts drifted to the bag of crap under her bed. She’d taken the liberty of going to the Woodberg County Marketplace to pick up some of the decorations that they’d had last year in the fifth year dorm. Adrienne and Gabrielle loved to go wild when it came to decorating their individual spaces, which was why the bag was mostly filled with different coloured feather boas. There were some streamers thrown in there, too, and a bunch of other random crap.

Gabrielle rested her hand on the off-white banister as she made her way up the off-white stairs. As soon as her feet touched the Othello house coloured carpet of the second floor, a smile stretched across her face. She was mere footsteps away from the place she called ‘home’ all year long. And waiting for her in that place was her best friend. Gabrielle’s steps quickened as the Othello common room door came into view. She muttered the password and entered the common room. A few greetings were thrown around here and there as Gabrielle took the steps up to the dormitory two at a time. Finally, she reached her dormitory. Her home.

Gabrielle shoved open the dorm door and walked into the room. “ADRI!” she squealed, practically throwing herself at the girl. The window box didn’t exactly have enough room for the two girls, but Gabrielle found a way to wrap her arms around Adrienne’s waist and hug her tightly.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michelle Amorcya on Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:48 pm

Michelle had spent most of the day...doing well, nothing. She had wondered the beach for a good part of the morning and then finally making it into town. She knew Gabrielle planned on making the room extra colorful with her boas and some streamers, but Michelle wanted to add more. Plus she knew Adrienne would be adding smelly good candles. They always added cool stuff to the rooms and why shouldn't they? There was absolutely no rule saying they couldn't make their room..theirs. She pushed her way through a crowd to get to one of the stores. Why people had to crowd around one thing was beyond her. Just get what you want to get out of the way. She rolled her eyes and let them fall onto a pile of brightly colored sticky notes. She smiled brightly grabbed probably to many. She was going to cover their walls with them. Maybe not cover, but put a lot up there...what else should she put on the walls? She looked around briefly. She couldn't just put up sticky notes. That just wouldn't be enough. Fabric! She hurried herself over and grabbed a bunch of that as well. She quickly paid for it all, and left the store.

Finding her way back to the school was no problem. Michelle could probably do it blind folded, but she was sure not going to try. She smiled brightly (like all the stupid stuff she just bought) and hurried up the grounds and up the stairs of her home. Home. Yes, her school was her home. She spent more time within these walls than she did anywhere else. If this wasn't home what could be? She hurried through the doors and across the entrance hall. She shot a smile or two at a couple people she knew from classes, but other than that it was a strait shot to her and her best friends room.

Michelle pushed open the last door, the door to her room, and dropped her bags just inside. Seeing Adrienne and Gabrielle in a big hug on the window seat she hurried over and attempted to push herself into it, but failed miserably. Instead she grabbed both girls and pulled them away from the window so she could be apart of it too. Laughing all awhile she let the girls recover from being pulled from the window seat while she told them her idea. "Our room is to...not bright enough." She smiled and pointed to her bag. "I just bought a bunch of sticky notes and fabric that are too bright to be in the same room at once, but oh well. I figured we could hang it up on the walls." She kicked off her shoes and let them land in a pile by her bed. "So what have you two been up to all day?"

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:44 pm

As the door opened Adrienne looked up just in time to see Gabe running toward her. Since cats don't like to be squashed Chip gladly jumped away from Adrienne as he watched Gabe come closer, he had never really liked her. “Gabe!” She squealed back, hugging her friend. It was always a complete joy to see her. Adrienne giggled as she almost fell from the box but she regained her stance and sat back a bit just it time to look toward the door as Michelle dropped her bags and decided to join the party. She laughed as Michelle failed to join the reunion(well the first one today). She then however, dragged both Adrienne and Gabs to her own party. As she suggested her own idea Adrienne regained her footing and figured she would tell them what sent she got. But everything always gets so up beat and fast pace around the twins that her mind completely skipped over it. “Sounds great! The room really did some color. “And as the year goes on we can write messages or quotes to each other” she suggested. “I've got one right now: Thou shall not leave thy underwear on the floor.” She added smiling over to Gabe.

They really did need to clean the room and they really needed to do it before they got in too deep with the decorating. Then she realized that she had forgotten to tell them what she got. “Oh! I decided upon citrus candles for the first couple of months. Of course, just like last year they'll change with the seasons or our moods. Kind of like last year when we were all stressed for the OWLS so I went with lavender. But right now I was just in the mood for peach” She shrugged with a smile. She couldn't help but feel extremely random around the twins. She normally felt a little scatter brained around just one of them but when you put all three of them in a room together you got nothing but gibberish.

She sighed and crossed her arms, not as a way to show she was uncomfortable or anything, she just needed to do something with her hands but she didn't want to fidget. Adrienne normally had problems standing still but energy radiated off of both Michelle and Gabe so it was normally multiplied difficulty around them. “We really do need to pick up this mess” She looked around the room and realized that it was just a tad messier than she liked. “It would be easier to decorate if we don't have to navigate around this...” She couldn't really think of a word for what this was. It wasn't clutter because it was all useful stuff, it just wasn't put away. And it wasn't just stuff, it was their stuff and most of it had been picked up over the years, making it sentimental.

And now this was the first time she noticed that this...whatever it was was completely normal for them. In fact the dorm was never clean unless they were just moving in or they were just moving out. It was a bit like animals move into a territory, they mess it up and put their sent all over the place. Well this was the girls way of doing that, not only did they put decorations everywhere but they also trashed the place. She didn't really want to destroy the essence of the place but for decorating sake they should pick up. “It will be easier to decorate if we pick up the dirty clothes at least” She suggested instead of cleaning. She looked over to her bed, it was neat, hell her bed was even made. She liked her space a bit organized, otherwise she lost things. She also liked her space nicely garnished with chip but he tended to hide when the twins came in. She couldn't understand why after six years he hadn't gotten used to it.

Maybe now would be a good time to answer Michelle's question she though bringing herself back to reality. “Well really all I've done is buy the candles and put them up. I got my homework out...but then I put it away.” She smiled trying not to burst into laughter. “After all I wouldn't want to break our procrastination tradition” she said nudging Gabe with a laugh. “You two do anything special today, or will this be the high light?” She knew they probably hadn't done anything exciting, after all it wasn't late in the day. But for the sake of the conversation she asked, and there was no harm in learning useless information.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabrielle Amorcya on Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:51 am

A large smile stretched across Gabrielle’s face as Michelle dragged she and Adrienne away from the window seat so that she could join their hug. The minute Michelle’s arms encircled them, Gabrielle felt like her home was complete. Michelle was her sister and her best friend. Adrienne was her best friend, and close enough to be her sister. Gabrielle spent more time with them than she did with anyone else. It was natural for her to feel like Oasis Hill was her home, and Adrienne and Michelle (not to mention Danielle, as well) were her family. As the hug broke apart, Michelle pointed to her bag. “I just bought a bunch of sticky notes and fabric that are to bright to be in the same room at once.”

Gabrielle grinned. They would go great with her feather boas and streamers. “And as the year goes on we can write messages or quotes to each other. I’ve got on right now: Thou shall not leave thy underwear on the floor.” Gabrielle rolled her eyes as Adrienne smiled at her. “I’ve got another”, she said, “‘Adrienne shall check before assuming Gabrielle’s underwear is hers.’” Gabrielle poked her tongue out at Adrienne, before falling silent as Adrienne went through what she’d gotten. Candles, as Gabrielle had suspected. Adrienne was big on candles, and liked changing them as the seasons or their moods changed. “But right now I was just in the mood for peach.”

“Fine, but next time we’re getting vanilla”, Gabrielle said. Her face slowly went from a happy one to one of mock horror as Adrienne mentioned cleaning. She said that it would be easier to navigate around the dorm if it wasn’t covered in mess. “It will be easier to decorate if we pick up the dirty clothes at least.” Gabrielle scrunched her nose up in disgust and flopped down onto her bed, squashing at least five of her stuffed toys. “You guys clean all you want. I’m content with my organized mess”, she said, grinning at the two girls. Michelle then asked what they’d been up to all day.

“Well really all I’ve done is buy the candles and put them up. I got my homework out… but then I put it away. After all I wouldn’t want to break our procrastination tradition.” Gabrielle laughed as Adrienne nudged her, nodding in agreement. “I bought the feather boas and streamers sometime during the summer holidays, and I spent most of the morning down in the gardens by the willow tree”, she said, smiling fondly. My highlight is definitely seeing some first year running around the school in his underwear.” Gabrielle laughed at the memory.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down