Push. Push. Puuuush. [Alec, Gabs CLOSED]

Go down

Push. Push. Puuuush. [Alec, Gabs CLOSED]

Post  Danielle Hale on Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:07 am

The mint green room wasn’t exactly calming her down, her breathing erratic. No make up on her face and a massive bump in front of her, Dani felt absolutely gorgeous. Not. The midwife was standing over her, holding her leg in place ordering her to “Push NOW, Danielle!!!”. She had half a mind to punch her in the nose for shouting at her at a time like this. Danielle groaned squeezing Alec’s hand even harder, the midwife probably didn’t have any children. She wasn’t even planning for one. “I can see the head! Keep going!”, Dani shut her eyes.

Nine months ago, this wasn’t even something she had thought about. A family wasn’t something on the cards for a sixth year student. As soon as she found out she was pregnant, Dani spoke to Alec as soon as she could. They talked through what they should do, and they both agreed they couldn’t have an abortion. She was absolutely terrified. What would her parents think? Aunt Brooke? Everyone at Oasis Hill would be gossiping about her. Dani didn’t even know if she would be able to give the baby up when she had it.

----

Morning sickness lasted until the second trimester. By that time, she felt like a whale, it was obvious she had gained weight and she had only just told Aunt Brooke and her parents. They were furious. At the both of them, causing her to become deeply distressed. Her parents only calmed down when they realised there was nothing they could do, there was no chance of abortion and they could only encourage adoption. Dani was living in her parents home, not allowed anywhere else in case someone she knew saw her. Alec was allowed scheduled visits but Dani just wanted to leave her parents. They were ruining everything. Putting a protective hand around her protruding bump, she sighed. Everything was going downhill.

----

She was standing in front of a tiny house. It was a two bedroom house with one floor. Dani only had two months to go, Alec was being amazing. They had a plan for everything and had even thought of a few names but they couldn’t agree on anything. Soon enough they would be a little family. She just wasn’t looking forward to going back to Oasis Hill without having Alec around. She would stay the night, just not be around during the day that was when Alec would look after her... or him. At least that was the plan, Dani wasn't sure how she would be able to leave the baby for hours each day.

Suddenly cries filled the room as Dani relaxed and breathed deeply. ‘Please be a girl!’. She sighed and looked at Alec, ignoring everything going on around her, before staring at the midwife holding a bundle before handing it to Alec. “It’s a boy!” Dani held out her arms, "Are you sure?" Her smile sank a little, "I wanted a girl" she whispered. She soon realised she sounded quite ungrateful, this was still her child no matter what! ‘Nevermind’. She was so desperate for a girl. Dani’s breathing slowed, and soon enough she was off to sleep. She was exhausted.

Born 11th January 2013, 10.39am

I AM REE, HEAR ME RAWR. 24.06.11 at 11:48pm
Danielle Hale
Admin

View user profile http://braedan-institude.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Re: Push. Push. Puuuush. [Alec, Gabs CLOSED]

Post  Alec Edwards on Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:56 am

The mint green room was making him sick. It was making his head hurt. And his hurting head, in conjunction with his almost-broken hand (thanks to his girlfriend, who was currently squeezing his hand like there was no tomorrow), was putting him in a bad mood. And then there was the midwife, who had done nothing but tell him and Dani what to do since his girlfriend had gone into labour that morning. She wasn’t stopping, either. He could hear Dani beside him, gasping and screaming as she tried to push the kid out of her. He was murmuring to her, not that she could probably hear him. “Push NOW, Danielle!” Alec shot a glare towards the midwife. She couldn’t see him. The midwife had her face between Dani’s legs, and was waiting for the baby to make its appearance. “Kindly stop telling my girlfriend what to do”, Alec said, his voice hard. If the midwife heard him, she didn’t acknowledge it. “I can see the head! Keep going!” Alec once again shot a glare towards the midwife, before turning his attention back to Dani, who had her eyes closed. “You’re doing great, baby”, he said, kneeling slightly so his face was next to Dani’s. “A few more pushes and it’ll be over.” He squeezed her hand in what he hoped was reassurance. Dani apparently took it as an invitation to squeeze his hand even tighter. Alec winced.

When Dani had first told him that she was pregnant, Alec had panicked. What was he going to do? There was no way he was mature enough to be a dad. He was barely mature enough to be graduating school. He’d stayed in his dorm for a few days, completely ignoring everyone. Jake had been worried. He’d spent most of the time in the dorm with Alec, trying to get his best friend to fess up and tell him what was wrong. But Alec never did. A few weeks had passed. He and Dani had talked about every option they thought they had. They’d already agreed that an abortion was out of the question. Dani had told her parents, who had encouraged her to put the child up for adoption. Alec had told his parents, who had responded with a very long letter about how disappointed they were in their son, that he should have been smart enough to use protection, or not do ‘it’ at all. About a week later, he’d received another letter from his parents. This time they were apologising for their previous reaction, and while they were still disappointed, they still adored Dani, and would help the two out as much as they could. Including giving them a large sum of money they’d been saving up since Alec was born, to give to their grandchild when Alec had a child.

--------

By the second trimester, Alec had had enough of Dani’s parents. Dani was living at home, and Alec was allowed to visit her. But his visits were scheduled, and only lasted about an hour. He’d started searching for a house for him and Dani. There was no way it would be in Australia, where their parents could interfere whenever they felt like it. No, Alec wanted a house on Amorcya Island. At least that way, Dani could still go to school, and he could watch little No-Name until she got home. He finally found one, about two months before Dani was due. It was nothing flashy. A little two bedroom house with one floor. It wasn’t huge, but it would be just the right size for Alec, Dani and Unknown Gender Child. Dani had loved it. Alec had breathed a sigh of relief. They had a plan for everything. They’d even picked out a few names, although they were still trying to decide what to call their child if it was a boy or a girl.

---------

Alec was brought out of his thoughts when he heard cries fill the room, and the midwife exclaim, “It’s a boy!” Alec’s eyes widened as the midwife handed him his son. He looked down at the child. He was tiny. Alec was glad to see he had a full hair of black hair. He drew his gaze away from his son, and turned to his girlfriend as she said, “Are you sure?” while holding out her arms. “I want a girl.” Alec laughed. Before he had a chance to give the child to Dani, her breathing slowed, and she drifted to sleep. Alec looked back down at his son, and drew in a deep breath. “Welcome to the world, Matthew Jasper Edwards”, he said softly. “My little Matty.”

---------

Matthew Jasper Edwards had barely been in the world for 30 minutes, and Alec was already messing with him. In a good way, of course. It was a surprise for Dani. He knew she wouldn’t sleep long, and he wanted to have Matty looking just right. About half an hour had passed, and Alec had his son set up in his plastic cot-thingy (you know, the thing they keep newborns in?) with a bow and a ribbon, and a white sheet around him.

Alec Edwards

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Hale on Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:34 am

Dani was sleeping, her breaths soft while her hair was slightly matted together and she was rather hot. Best of all, she was happy the baby was out. She couldn't have handled much more of that, the "When are you due!?", "Oh! How lovely!!" and the stares from a few witches and wizards looking down their nose at her. No more maternity clothes either!! A little gurgle from the side of her bed stirred her, "Mmmm, no visitors". She felt like crap. Bringing a head to rub her eyes, Dani blinked a couple of times until her vision cleared.

The most adorable scene in front of her, Alec was standing over their son and he had a cute little bow around his middle. Dani smiled and sat up in her bed, "Technically it was the both of us". She shuffled the covers around, and turned herself so her feet were just above the floor. "He's cute. Matty looks a lot like you actually", slowly Dani leaned forward, sliding off the bed. A sharp ache but it wasn't anything she couldn't put up with.

She took it step by step, "I feel kinda empty" Dani frowned and held onto the cot in front of her. "I can't believe it, he's ours. Our son.", she shook her head and looked up at Alec "I love you". Dani stroked the baby's head, her face softened at his silky soft hair. His eyes were open and staring off, up into the ceiling. She held onto his little hand, his fingers curled in, until he managed to grab hold of her little finger. "Awwww" Her heart practically melted, "I still can't believe we can take him home. He's so tiny!" Dani was still playing with his hand, "I'm your mummy, Matty" she whispered.

Dani sighed, "Our parents will want to see him sometime. Gabrielle might be here soon. Ugh. I'm a mess. Hopefully we'll be able to go soon.", she tugged her hand away and moved back towards the bed. "Did anyone say anything about discharging us?" Dani turned back towards Alec. She began picturing the house with Matthew in it. His room was filled with a few things for the first few days. Dani would need to go shopping for a few more clothes. She hadn't wanted to buy alot of clothes because she didn't want to know the gender.

Although perhaps they would have been better prepared if they did know. How on earth was she supposed to bring up a baby if she couldn't even manage a simple task!? A lump got stuck in her throat as she thought of what could happen if she screwed up just once. "Do you think we can handle this?" Dani asked worriedly. Tears brimming at the corner of her eyes, maybe it would be better if an experienced family looked after him. "I don't think we can do this on our own" She shook her head, a couple of tears falling onto the floor. Who was she thinking, messing with her child's life like this?!

Danielle Hale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabrielle Amorcya on Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:31 am

Alec waited with bated breath as he watched his girlfriend stir. He wasn’t sure how she’d react to him messing with their son already, but he felt it needed to be done. He knew Dani was slightly disappointed that they hadn’t had a girl, but she would get over that once she saw how adorable her their son looked right now. He breathed a sigh of relief when Dani finally awoke, and looked at their son. A smile appeared on her face almost immediately, and Alec grinned. “Technically it was the both of us.” Alec shook his head. “I provided the sperm. He wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for me”, he said. “You’re welcome.” He shot another grin at his girlfriend, thought it melted into a smile as Dani stroked Matty’s head. “I love you” Alec’s smile only widened, and he moved forward to wrap his arms around Dani. “I love you too, babe.”

He listened as she spoke. Her concerns, her happiness, everything. He listened to it all. “Our parents will want to see him sometime.” Alec could think of a million things he’d rather have happen than have their parents come to Amorcya Island to see Matty. As grateful as he was with the money his parents had given him, Alec wasn’t sure he wanted them in his house. Slowly, he shook his head. “We’ll go to them”, he said, “When Matty’s a bit older. Until then, they’ll have to settle for pictures.” He wasn’t sure if Dani would agree to that, but he knew that she probably didn’t want her parents in their house.

------------------

Gabrielle was practically sprinting through the cobbled streets of Woodberg County. Which, she thought too late, probably wasn’t such a great idea, considering the outfit she had chosen to wear. The almost-seventeen-year-old had changed a bit during Dani’s pregnancy. Dani had asked her in about her fifth month of pregnancy if Gabrielle had wanted to be the child’s godmother. Gabrielle had willingly and excitedly accepted. The next day, Gabrielle had decided that she’d needed to make some changes in her life. If she was going to be in her seventh year, and a godmother/aunt, she would need to change herself. Gabrielle had matured somewhat in the nine months of Dani’s pregnancy. She’d also allowed her hair to grow longer, and she’d dyed it a lighter blonde than what it was. Her new haircut didn’t exactly make her look more mature, but it made her look older. At least, that was what her mother said on one of her random trips home between filming.

Gabrielle was running because she’d received an urgent owl from Alec about an hour ago, declaring that his son (Gabrielle had been hoping for a girl) had been born. Gabrielle had dropped what she was doing (which was nothing exciting – she’d been listening to music and playing with her dogs) and bolted out the door.

Within a few minutes, she’d arrived at the hospital. As she burst through the doors, several heads turned. “I need Danielle Hale’s room!” Gabrielle exclaimed. A few people shushed her, but a nurse waved her over to the reception desk, and found her Dani’s room. Gabrielle was off down the hall before then nurse could say anything else.

Gabrielle found the room easily enough, and when she knocked and walked in, she found Dani awake, holding the baby and Alec standing over her, looking down at the two of them lovingly. Gabrielle contained her excitement as she walked over to the trio. “Congatulations, guys!” Gabrielle said, smiling widely at her best friend and her best friend’s boyfriend. Alec only smiled in response. “What’s his name?”

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Hale on Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:14 am

Dani watched the smile on Alec’s face drop as soon as she mentioned ‘parents’. Although she really didn’t want to see her parents, considering all that Alec’s had done for them, she felt like she had to at least say thank you in person. If Alec didn’t want to see them anytime soon, Dani would just have to wait, they were after all his parents. “I suppose if I don’t want to see my parents, then I understand you don’t want to see yours.” She shrugged and looked down at Matty.

Dani wasn’t sure what her parents would say, her mum wouldn’t be happy. She had wanted Matty to be adopted as soon as Dani had told them that she was pregnant. She wondered if part of the reason her mum didn’t want Matty around was because she was so embarrassed. She was an actress and her dad was in a famous quidditch team, but Matty was far more important to Dani then her reputation in the wizarding world. Dani couldn’t care less. She had her son, her boyfriend and her friends.

Speaking of friends, she began to wonder where Gabrielle was. She was godmother after all, along with Emily and Jake was godfather. Matty would get so spoiled, Dani smiled at the thought, she couldn’t imagine not having her little boy now. She heard a knock at the door, before she could say anything, the door burst open. “Congatulations, guys!”.

Gabrielle had finally arrived, Dani smiled “Can you believe I’ve finally had him! We decided on Matthew Jasper Edwards, Matty for short.” She answered proudly. Dani cuddled him a little closer as he gave a little yawn. “You can hold him if you want? Your godson!” Gabrielle looked different to when Dani had been at school, older although she still looked like she some of the old Gabs.

Danielle Hale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down