Footprints in the sand {OPEN}

Go down

Footprints in the sand {OPEN}

Post  Danielle Hale on Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:25 am

Danielle wondered along the edge of the beach, her sandals in hand as she relished in the grainy sand running betwen her toes. It was warm from the sun, the waves washing in and out as she took each step forward slowly, clearly something on her mind. Dani shook her head quickly, lifting her eyes up from the ground towards the sea. Her dress flicking as she turned around, the straps of her bikini visible. Danielle began walking towards the sea, a slow sigh escaping her, she dropped to the floor, the waves surrounding her, drenching most of her dress as it came up to her waist. Her knees poking up, making a upside-down 'v' shape.

Dani felt like one of those days were you did absolutely nothing, and she had. She had done absolutely nothing on this sunday lunchtime. She hadn't felt like it, even the small pile of work waiting for her in her dorm. Danielle hadn't been motivated to do a thing, with the thought about her dorm she cursed, realising she had left her wand in her dorm, her thoughts too preoccupied with coming to the beach. Her hands dropped into the luke-warm water, trying to avoid the temptation of lying back, it would ruin her hair for the day!

Dani lifted her hands out of the water, resting them on her knees as she stared out onto the sunny horizon. An endless sea, ready to be explored, right? Why did everyone always talk about that, when she just wanted to stay close to home for now? The thought of leaving the safety sort of scared her, although no matter how much she did want to leave, part of her wanted to run as far as she could and escape. Danielle was torn between the two extremes. She was just being a spineless wimp for once, it was a little creepy.

Born 11th January 2013, 10.39am

I AM REE, HEAR ME RAWR. 24.06.11 at 11:48pm
Danielle Hale
Admin

View user profile http://braedan-institude.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Re: Footprints in the sand {OPEN}

Post  Gabrielle Amorcya on Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:50 pm

Gabrielle hated having nothing to do on the weekend. Sunday nights and early Monday mornings were fine; she had homework to do then. But on Saturdays and Sundays during the day, that was when she needed something extreme to entertain her. Usually she could spend her time annoying Michelle, but she had no idea where Michelle was today. And usually when she couldn’t find Michelle, she’d go and annoy Danielle. But she couldn’t find Danielle today, either! Gabrielle was reaching breaking point. She would go insane if she didn’t find something to do soon.

She was currently sitting on one of the window seats in her dorm. There were five, one for each girl. And each girl had claimed their own seat. Michelle and Gabrielle had claimed the seats right next to each other, of course. Gabrielle curled her toes up on the soft cushion, wrapping her arms around her knees as she stared out the window at the beach. That’s when it hit her. She could go to the beach! With this in mind, Gabrielle climbed off of her seat, tripped onto the floor, got carpet burn on her knees, jumped to her feet and ran into the wardrobe. Once there, she sorted through her clothes until she came across her black and white bikini. Once she had this on, she sorted through her clothes again until she found a white sundress. She quickly found some sandals to go with it, and was set to go to the beach. On her way out of the wardrobe, she grabbed a towel and stuffed it into a bag.

----

It didn’t take her that long to get to the beach. She’d practically run the whole way there, earning herself a few nasty glances from the residents of Woodberg County. Gabrielle ignored them, they were living on her territory, anyway. So they could just shove their snootiness where the sun didn’t shine.

As she stepped onto the beach, Gabrielle took a deep breath of the fresh air, and started towards the water. She caught sight of a familiar figure, and let out an excited squeal. “Dan Unda!” she shouted, waving her arms as she ran towards her best friend. She slid to a stop just behind the girl, kicked her shoes off, dumped her bag, took her dress off and stood there in her bikini-clad glory. “So this is where you’ve been hiding from me”, Gabrielle said, sitting down beside Danielle. “Seriously, I was looking for you all morning.”

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:31 pm

Lyndal strolled absentmindly down the shore, holding her sandals in one hand, and a long stick she found in the other, which she was trailing along behind her. She really like the feel of wet sand between her toes. It was squishy. Lyndal looked out to the ocean, taking in a deep breath of the salty air. She really did love it here. Back at home, she didn't get many opportunities to go to the beach, but here she could go whenever she wanted. Lyndal thought it was fantastic.

Lyndal looked up from her thoughts when she heard someone ahead of her speaking. Spotting Gabrielle Amorcya and Danielle Hale, she quickened her pace from a loitering walk to a trotting walk. When she got close enough to be heard, Lyndal smiled and said, "There you are, I've been walking around pointlessly all day."

Last edited by Lyndal Oakley on Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Alec Edwards on Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:05 am

It wasn’t every weekend Alec went to the beach. Having sand in his butt wasn’t exactly Alec’s idea of a fun day out. But today, it seemed to be hotter than usual. And Alec hated the heat. Especially when it was a sticky kind of heat.

Alec was currently walking through the streets of Woodberg County, dressed in a pair of board shorts. He wasn’t wearing a shirt – it was too hot for a shirt. And apparently the residents of Woodberg County didn’t appreciate it. Alec had tried to go into the Drunken Elf, only to have one of the residents scream “NO SHOES, NO SHIRT, NO SERVICE” at him. That had confused Alec, seeing as he was wearing a pair of joggers. But, with a chuckle at the resident and a shrug of his shoulders, Alec had left the pub and settled for the next best thing – the beach.

As he stepped onto the beach, Alec removed his joggers and socks, shoved his socks inside of his joggers and held his joggers in his left hand. He started walking along the sand, towards the water, his eyes fixed on the waves before him. However, before he could dump his shoes and go for a swim, two familiar figures and one not so familiar figure caught his eye. Alec squinted slightly, trying to determine if the brown-haired girl was in fact who he thought she was. As the girl turned her head slightly, Alec’s suspicions were confirmed.

A grin now plastered on his face, Alec jogged towards the three girls, sliding to a stop beside Danielle and Gabrielle. He dumped his shoes beside a pair of white sandals, and sat down on the other side of Danielle, wrapping one arm around her waist. “Well, fancy seeing you here”, he said, “I get the feeling you’re stalking me, Dani.”

Alec Edwards

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Hale on Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:44 pm

Danielle was taking in the calming scenery, relishing in the soft quiet surrounding her, when out of nowhere, a loud shout of her nickname - only used by a certain few "Dan Unda!". Dani's head swivelled around catching sight of her best friend waving her arms manically and running towards, a grin covered her face. "Gabby!" The girl quickly joined her, in a matter of seconds, causing Dani's mood to lighten considerably - not that she wasn't happy before, despite the interruption. "I wasn't trying hard enough, obviously" Dani winked and poked her tongue out at Gabrielle before shrugging at her, I'm glad to know I'm that important!" She grinned at her.

Taking in Gabrielles appearance, she worked out that she had probably just given up. Lying back, she put her arms on the wet sand, behind her head, as she rested her head and shut her eyes. "Catching more sun?" Danielle asked Gabrielle. She quickly realised that her hair was soaking wet, as it brushed away with the tide. Danielle shivered. She heard footsteps swishing the sand behind her, jolting her up to check the sound, Danielle saw Lyndal Oakley, as her hair dripped. Dani gave a small laugh in response to Lyndals words, "It seems it's the most popular thing to do today" Smiling at Lyndal, she gestured for her to come closer, "Why don't you sit down?"

Danielle stretched her arms behind her, squeezing out the water and shifting along. Someone jumped down beside her, before she could turn her head to see who it was, they had wrapped an arm around her waist and accused her of being a stalker. Dani recognised who it was as soon as they spoke, and quickly realised, "Stalking you? You only just noticed!?" Dani shook her head comically, "I have binoculars" She said with a wink.

"As if your ego isn't big enough already!" Danielle smiled, sliding closer to him. Her eyes brushed over him, no shirt. Jeez. Danielle bit her lip, did he realise how good he looked right this second. If those two weren't there right that second... She planted a firm kiss on his jaw, turning her head back out to the sea. "I love the sea" Dani stated tilting her head. The island felt so small, compared to the large expanse of bright blue sea she was staring at.

Danielle Hale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabrielle Amorcya on Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:57 am

“I wasn’t trying hard enough, obviously.”

Gabrielle rolled her eyes. “Yeah right. You just can’t handle the fact that you can’t hide from the almighty Gabrielle Renee Amorcya”, she said, before turning her gaze to Lyndal. A smile quickly appeared on her face, and as she heard Danielle invite Lyndal to sit with them, Gabrielle reached up, grabbed the girl by the arm and pulled her down onto the ground beside her. “Lynneh!” she said, an excited tone to her voice, “Are you ready for your nudie run yet? Because I decree that it will happen before the year is out. BETTER YET. It will happen before the TERM is out.” Gabrielle nodded once as if that made everything official.

And then Gabrielle’s smile melted off her face as she watched Alec sit down on Danielle’s other side and wrap his arm around her. “I get the feeling you’re stalking me, Dani.” Gabrielle rolled her eyes at his comment. Yeah right. He wished someone as awesome as Danielle would stalk him. And then, Danielle agreed to his statement. “Stalking you? You only just noticed?!” Gabrielle’s eyes rolled again. She swore they were going to roll into the back of her head. It wasn’t that she didn’t like Alec. He was likeable enough. He gave her that brother-figure to pick on, so that was a plus. But the fact that he was always around made it hard for Gabrielle. She felt as if he was always hiding in the shadows, waiting until Gabrielle had Danielle all to herself before POUNCING ON THEM LIKE A CAT POUNCED ON A MOUSE. Which reminded Gabrielle – had she fed her cat today?

That thought aside, Gabrielle turned her head to face Alec, her eyes narrowing into slits. “Alec”, she said, her voice cool, “How great of you to join us.” She watched as Alec turned to face her, a surprised look on his usually grinning face. Gabrielle smirked. She loved messing around with Alec’s emotions.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Hale on Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:18 am

Danielle grinned, "That's right. I think I give up for the day" She smirked, Gabrielle and her nudie runs, the amount of times she had done them with her best friend. Somehow, they hadn't managed to get caught without their clothes yet, so they were doing well. "I'll take a bet on that Gabs" She watched Lyndal carefully, about to hold her hand out, "I say it takes longer than a year, I give 'til the end of the term" She stuck her hand out in front of her to shake Gabrielles, "Winner takes ... " Danielle paused. What would the winner take?

She saw how Gabrielle spoke to Alec, her eyes bouncing between them. Trying not to laugh at the look on Alecs face, Danielle wondered what the winner would get. "If I win, I spend the whole day. Erm. 24 hours" Danielle grinned, "With Alec!" Smirking, she quickly realised what Gabrielle would find fitting, "I suppose, if you win. It could be spending a whole 24 hours with you." Dani didn't know if this would seem like a strange agreement, 24 hours with one person, or 24 hours with another. It did seem like a funny idea. It would be very interesting, she didn't think of the pressure put on Lyndal. It was a harmless bet, no money involved.

"What do you think?" Danielle asked innocently, this would be fun. "Deal?" Her eyes stared at her best friend, daring her to say deal. Of course Lyndal wouldn't do that, she wouldn't dare do a nudie run by the end of the term. At least, not if Danielle had anything to do with it. Perhaps this was her more mischievous side coming out, of course, you could guarantee Gabrielle would do her best to have Lyndal Oakley do a nudie run. Danielle would be disuading her every step of the way.

Danielle Hale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:11 pm

Lyndal smiled as Danielle suggested she sit down. Nodding in agreement to her previous comment, she did so. Lyndal looked up as Alec Edwards arrived. Not quite sure how she should respond, as she had never really been acquantanced with him before, so she went to raise her hand in greeting. He didn't seem to notice, however. As far as Lyndal could see, he had eyes only for Danielle. But before she could comment on this, Gabrielle spoke, still intent on her nudie runs. Lyndal smiled a laughed, even snorting a little. Lyndal hated it when she did that. It made her sound like some kind of pig or something.

"I already told you, I'm not going to do a nudie run until I get a sandwich board," Lyndal pointed out, subconciously hugging her arms around her chest if she did. "And even if I did, I wouldn't be sure." She glanced between Danielle and Gabrielle and they started betting on if she would or not. "24 hours?" Lyndal asked curiously. "Does that mean all night as well?" Lyndal could imagine what Danielle and Alec would do, be that the case, but she wasn't so certain what Gabrielle would do for a whole 24 hours. She wasn't even sure if she wanted to find out.

Lyndal couldn't help but wonder, looking between these two girls, what they would do -- more particularly, to her -- in order to win this bet. She decided she didn't like to think about it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Alec Edwards on Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:32 am

Alec grinned. Danielle slid closer to him, checked him out, bit her lip and planted a firm kiss on his jaw. He still had it. Alec gently squeezed Danielle’s side, kissing the top of her head. His grin widened as he saw Gabrielle’s look of disgust. “Alec.” Her voice was cold, as it usually was when Gabrielle greeted him. “How great of you to join us.” Alec’s grin slipped from his face. He turned to face Gabrielle, his look as equally cold and as uninviting as hers. “Gabrielle”, he greeted, his voice a mocking purr, “You know I adore spending time with you.” Gabrielle’s eyes had narrowed into slits, and Alec’s grin had returned as Danielle proposed a bet. Apparently Gabrielle had plans to make the Asian girl beside her do a nudie run.

“If I win, I spend the whole day. Erm. Twenty-four hours… with Alec!” Alec liked the sound of that, and he had no doubts that Danielle would win. “I suppose if you win, it could be spending a whole twenty-four hours with you.” Gabrielle would just love that. She loved having Danielle to herself. Alec supposed it was the territory of being best friends with Danielle. He understood that when it came to Danielle, Gabrielle thought he should be coming in second. It was a fair bet. Alec leaned around Gabrielle to see the look on her face. She was contemplating Danielle’s bet. “I’ll wager that Danielle wins this bet. Ten galleons says she owns you.”

Gabrielle was now contemplating his bet. Alec could see it in her eyes. She never backed down from anything. Especially not when there was money involved. Alec pulled Danielle closer to him, and rested his chin on the top of her head. Spending a whole day with his girlfriend… that would be nice. Then suddenly, the little Asian girl beside Gabrielle was speaking. “Twenty-four hours? Does that mean all night as well?” Alec’s eyebrows rose curiously, and he looked down at Danielle. “Yeah, Dani. Does that mean all night as well?” he asked, his eyebrows wiggling suggestively.

Alec Edwards

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Hale on Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:22 pm

Danielle laughed, pleased that Alec really thought she would win. She watched her best friend curiously, "How 'bout it Gabs?" Dani asked, of course the answer was sure to be a definite yes. Silently moving as she was pulled closer, no complaint coming from her. A smirk came across her face by the simple question proposed by Lyndal. She had heard about her sandwich board, and Dani would do anything for her not to get them. "I think..." Danielle looked between the two of them, "That can be up to them" She grinned widely, it was a very funny bet. Alec certainly looked up for it as she rolled her eyes at his expression. Danielle quickly looked back to Lyndal, "Just look out for Gabs, she'll do anything for that nudie run"

Her eyes sliding back towards Gabrielle she poked her tongue out cheekily, any loopholes and back alleys for Dani to sneak through this bet. There were plenty. "So.. " Dani blinked, losing her train of thought. The sun beated down on her, the rays drying her hair, it would frizz up later. She ran a hand through her hair, dropping it to play with the sand, "What to do.. now?" She half-asked, half-said? Danielle was out of ideas, it was someone else's turn to do that!

She looked from Lyndal to Gabs to Alec. None of them looked to have any bright ideas, although Gabrielle did have this rather manic look on her face. It made Dani wonder whether her friend was mentally insane for a couple of seconds. Alec was sitting there with a slightly pervy look on his face, eliciting an eye roll from her, he was a laugh as always. Dani was not surprised that they had stayed together for as long as they had, and would, it was odd. She thought about when he first asked her out, she couldn't imagine ever saying no, it would mean a completely different scenario and she didn't know if she would be as happy as she was with him right now. "Anyone got any good ideas?"

Danielle Hale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabrielle Amorcya on Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:17 am

“Gabrielle. You know I adore spending time with you.”

His voice was a purr. Gabrielle narrowed her eyes into slits, her gaze still fixed on Alec as Danielle started to talk. Gabrielle half listened. From what she could gather, Danielle was making a bet against her. She didn’t believe that Gabrielle could get Lyndal to do a nudie run by the end of the term. Danielle believed that it would take longer than a year, but was giving Gabrielle until the end of term. Gabrielle turned a desperate gaze to Lyndal. Lynneh. Her Lynneh. Lyndal was Gabrielle’s best friend. Gabrielle would make her do a nudie run, whether she had to get the girl drunk or not.

“If I win, I spend the whole day. Erm. Twenty-four hours… with Alec!”

Gabrielle’s eyes widened and her gaze shot to Danielle. “What?!” she protested. Danielle wasn’t done. “I suppose if you win it could be spending the whole twenty-four hours with you.” Gabrielle’s horrified look turned into one of excitement. She turned her gaze to Alec, and with a wide grin, took Danielle’s hand and shook it. “You’re on.” And then Lyndal asked a question that turned Gabrielle’s look into one of horror again. “Twenty-four hours? Does that mean all night as well?” Alec then repeated the question to Danielle, and Gabrielle’s look turned into a disgusted one as Alec wiggled his eyebrows suggestively at his girlfriend.

“I think… that can be up to them.”

Gabrielle poked her tongue out at Danielle. “Yuck”, she said. But Danielle was already moving on. “So… what to do… now? Anyone got any good ideas?”

Gabrielle’s eyes flashed mischievously and she turned a sly look to Lyndal. “How about a nudie run?”

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:43 am

Lyndal tried not to gag as she watched Alec wiggle his eyebrows at Dannielle. Apparently Alec had the same ideas she'd had, but did he have to be so open about it? It was getting rather awkward for Lyndal. Turning her head as Danielle spoke, Lyndal grimaced as she registered what was said. Lyndal had already figured that, but being told that made the anxiety worse. Not to mention, wondering what lengths Gabrielle would go to just to win this bet. Was she that intent to spend a whole day with Gabrielle? According to the look in her eyes, definitely. "I'll be on my guard," Lyndal assured, her, grateful for the warning.

Then there was that look. That pleading look that made Lyndal squirm, in both pity and fear for what Gabrielle might do to her. Lyndal was relieved when Gabrielle's gaze shot over to Dannielle. Watching patiently as Danielle rolled her eyes at Alec, and asked if anyone had any ideas. Almost immedietely, before Lyndal could even open her mouth, Gabrielle was looking at her slyly and says "How about a nudie run?"

Lyndal sighed, smiling helplessly at Gabrielle. This, she could tell, be the first in many attempts. "How about I keep my clothes on?" she shot back, just as slyly and just as mischieviously.

Back to top Go down

Post  Danielle Hale on Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:55 pm

Not entirely surprised at her friends response, she was pleased that Gabrielle took her hand and shook on it. She ignored Gabrielle's last comment, really if they didn't want to know they shouldn't have asked! Dani elbowed her friend, as if she would be getting away with it that easily! "Oi!" At Lyndals answer, Dani relaxed, "How about something a little less, er.. well I was thinking something like.." She shrugged, trying not to laugh, "Swimming?!"

Of course, it would be a laugh so long as they waded in deep enough and it wasn't as if they would be going so deep they wouldn't be able to touch the ground. Swimming was as far of 'nudie running' as Danielle could go at that point in time, going from what was purely at hand at the time. The waves were still quiet, the sea calm, stretching she slowly stood up. "It'll be fun!" Danielle kicked her sandals further away from the waves, in case they be carried off. "Come on!!" She held out her hands to drag Gabrielle up, she wasn't going in alone!

Dani shook her hair as it flipped over her shoulder, the sun was too hot to not go in to cool off. Even just paddling, barely touching your ankles unless you were laying down didn't do alot for you. Dani began wading in, until it was to her knees. "Er. I've just realised. Hang on a sec!" She looked down at her dress and carefully peeled it off her, exposing her bikini, her back turned to the others. "There is no way I'm ruining that dress" Dani chucked her dress as hard as she could onto the beach, she was only a fair ten feet or so away from them. Dani continued walking until it was up to her waist and ducked down, it was even warmer! The water was so clear, and the perfect temperature for swimming this time of year.

Danielle Hale
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down