Oasis Hill Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

CBOX
Latest topics
» Wine and Moving On. [Chad- Closed]
pre-class coffee and brownies [ open -- teachers preferred ] EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 11:06 am by Michelle Amorcya

» Life Sucks [Gabrielle- Closed]
pre-class coffee and brownies [ open -- teachers preferred ] EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:50 pm by Michelle Amorcya

» hello again, friend of a friend [maria, summer]
pre-class coffee and brownies [ open -- teachers preferred ] EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:43 am by Ella Raines

» boy i think about it every night and day [ kyle ; closed? ] i'm addicted, wanna jump inside your love
pre-class coffee and brownies [ open -- teachers preferred ] EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 5:55 am by Gabrielle Amorcya

» Clean Up Project
pre-class coffee and brownies [ open -- teachers preferred ] EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 6:43 am by Ella Raines

» you've gotta help me out [ ella's wall of shame ] it's all a blur, last night
pre-class coffee and brownies [ open -- teachers preferred ] EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 5:57 am by Ella Raines

» morning mischief [jake, emily, chad ; closed]
pre-class coffee and brownies [ open -- teachers preferred ] EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 3:39 am by Ruby Marie Chapman

» where is your boy tonight? [ open ] i hope he is a gentleman
pre-class coffee and brownies [ open -- teachers preferred ] EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 3:25 am by Ruby Marie Chapman

» gabrielle amorcya `` plots
pre-class coffee and brownies [ open -- teachers preferred ] EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 2:22 am by Jacob Lawson

pre-class coffee and brownies [ open -- teachers preferred ]

Go down

pre-class coffee and brownies [ open -- teachers preferred ] Empty pre-class coffee and brownies [ open -- teachers preferred ]

Post  Guest Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:44 pm

Xander Wibberly reclined in his favourite couch in the staff room, resting his coffee mug on a teatowel in his lap, as a precaution to the heat of the cup. On the coffee table next to him was a medium-sized plate with two large chocolate brownies that he had nicked from the kitchens sitting on it. Xander loved being early, for the earlier he was, the more time he'd have to do things like this. Not that he minded teaching, of course; in fact, he adored his job, but everyone needed a good rest every now and again. Which, as it so happened, he was doing so right now.

Most teachers, in his position, would start planning the lessons ahead. All Xander had prepared, however, was that he was teaching 4th years about Salamanders in about an hour. That was all he had to know, really. The rest would come in due time, Xander figured.

So, until then, Xander remained in his sipping his coffee while trying not to burn his hands, and scarfing down on chocolate brownies. Which were very delicious, Xander decided. He had to remember to inform the House Elves of that when he went down to class later.

Back to top Go down

pre-class coffee and brownies [ open -- teachers preferred ] Empty Re: pre-class coffee and brownies [ open -- teachers preferred ]

Post  Guest Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:08 pm

She was going to have to face the older students in just a little while, but not before she had her cup of coffee. Viviane stalked down the hall to the Teacher's Lounge to get her coffee, and woe to the student that kept her from it. She opened the door and headed straight for the pot that was kept hot all day long. She poured the dark brew into her cup and took a sip. Her face turned from a scowl to a smile as the warm liquid slid down to her stomach. She turned and now noticed that she wasn't alone in the Lounge. "Hi Xander," she greeted the COMC Professor. "Getting ready for your class?" she asked calmly. Of course she was prepared. She knew exactly what potion she was teaching the older of her students. Hopefully they were prepared and had their homework done. She enjoyed giving them P's and T's if they deserved them.

Back to top Go down

pre-class coffee and brownies [ open -- teachers preferred ] Empty Re: pre-class coffee and brownies [ open -- teachers preferred ]

Post  Guest Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:30 pm

Felix had already taken his coffee when he stepped into the teacher's lounge. He preferred to drink his morning cup in his personal quarters by himself -- he was groggy and unintelligible before that first sip, and he chose not to be around others in such a state. Now, however, he felt ten times more awake, and ready to face a new day.

"Xander, Vi," he greeted each of the teachers with a nod in turn as he closed the door behind him. The distinct and irresistibly seductive aroma of chocolate hit his senses. "Brownies," he murmured, straightening the cuff of one pinstriped sleeve as he made his way towards the open platter. "How charming."

He had time to spare for being social. The library was closed while he wasn't there, and would only open on his return. It wasn't like any student would need to borrow or return a book that urgently, this early. And if they did, why, they could damn well come bother him about it here, couldn't they? But for now, he was safe to pluck a single brownie from the arrangement and take that first delicious bite, holding a hand under his chin to catch the crumbs. He turned and looked around at the teachers, ready for any manner of conversation.

Last edited by Felix Hathaway on Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:42 pm

"Hello Felix," she greeted the Librarian. "Have you been able to find that potions book I asked about, "Potent Potions and Exciting Elixirs"? It seems to have a few variations on the standard recipies for a few of the potions I was going to teach this year. I hope to determine which one is most effective and that will be the one that I will teach. I am always looking to perfect my repetoire." She stared at him over her cup of coffee. She was studiously avoiding the brownies, she had never met a piece of chocolate that she didn't like, but she didn't want to get into the habit of eating a brownie for breakfast.

She sipped her coffee. She was starting to get her morning caffeine buzz, so she was actually waking up and becoming human. She needed it to deal with the students that she would have to deal with in a little while. Hopefully they were more awake than she was, otherwise today might have some spectacular failures.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:56 pm

Xander looked up in surprise when Viviane spoke. So much for being early. "Hullo, Viv," he said lazily, brownie crumbs falling out the side of his mouth. When Viviane asked him if he was getting ready, he almost chuckled. Of course he wasn't prepared -- nothing is interesting if you always know what's coming. All he had to do was keep everything under control. "Yeah, something like that," he muttered, decided to humor her. Then he took his brownie, dunked it in his cup of coffee and stuck it in his mouth. All just to see how she would react.

But it was for nothing, as Felix Hathaway had just walked through the door and Viviane's attention had shifted. Oh well, he figured he could always try to gross someone else out later. "Hey Felix," Xander acknowleged the librarian, nodding. "They're good. I'd offer you one, but --" he paused for a sideways glance at his plate "-- it seems they're all hiding from me." Of course, he knew where they had all, really gone, but it was more fun this way. Besides, it gave him an excuse from being selfish.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:08 am

She stood there watching the two men and their brownies. She sipped her coffee, it was just the right temperature, and oh so dark. "So Xander what are you teaching the students today? Any thing that I might be able to use in a potion? I can always use hair, feathers, or whatever from any of your magical creatures. I wouldn't be so crass as to ask for blood or any body parts but anything that they shed that can be used could be a good lesson for the students that have both classes. Maybe some day we ought to collaborate on a class or two on what to collect from Magical Creatures, and how to do it. It might be a fun practical lesson for both our classes. What do you think?" She asked. She wasn't sure that they could actually do it well, as they had very different teaching styles. She was very controlled and organized, and Xander seemed to be rather disorganized from what she had seen.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:54 am

"Ah," Felix said sharply (or would have said it sharply, if the sound hadn't been muffled by his mouthful of brownie). He held up a finger, signifying that Viviane would have to wait for him to swallow his food until she received a proper reply. Once that was done: "Yes, yes," he said, patting his jacket up and down thoughtfully. "I have it right...nowhere..." A frown crossed his features. "Sorry, I must have left it in the library... Should I go and get it now?"

In between that and waiting for an answer, he cocked his head at Xander good-humouredly. "Hiding," he repeated flatly. "Guess their favourite hiding spot." He patted Xander's stomach patronisingly, though obviously in a way that was meant in jest.

After that, teacher talk took over. Felix hung back and took the opportunity to polish off his brownie, having nothing much to contribute.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:36 pm

Mikhail had been up for hours. The first real morning of lessons and he was already into the habit of early rising. But he supposed that was natural, even outside of school he got up this early. Old age did things to you, he understood that. These young folks and their sleeping in, he didn't even consider such a thing. But before he could be ready for the day, he needed his coffee, loaded with cream and sugar.

Mikhail pushed his way into the staff room, looking forward to the steaming pot, there were already three professors inside, enjoying coffee and brownies, having pleasant conversation. Brownies at this time of the day? Well, he could never pass up a plate of chocolate confections. "Good morning all, welcome back."

Picking up a napkin so as not to spill crumbs everywhere, Mikhail turned towards the table where the brownies were. He knew he shouldn't, but it was the beginning of a new term. His belly could forgive him. But when his eyes landed on the tray, there were none to be found! "Umm, okay, where may I ask have the brownies gone to?" he played, looking around to the young faces he was sure were the guilty culprits. Ah, they were young, they could afford the extra sugar and calories.

After obtaining a cup of coffee diluted heavily by cream and sugar, Mikhail found a comfortable chair to recline in. Age was a fickle thing. Every year was more of a struggle. But thankfully, his youth as an auror had prevented the more unseemly effects from manifesting themselves. He set the mug on the adjacent coffee table. Interlacing his fingers and setting them over his belly, he listened to the conversations already in progress, waiting for such a time as he could or was asked to contribute.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:31 am

"No, that is okay Felix, I will come down to the Library after my classes. I'll pick it up then." She smiled at him. He always seemed so eager to please, at least to her. Then another teacher entered. Mikail Nemecek was older and undoubtedly wiser than the younger teachers but she wasn't impressed with the Transfiguration Professor. Anyone could wave a wand and create an effect. Potions took study and precision every single time you made one. If you did something wrong in Transfiguration, chances are the worst that would happen is it wouldn't work. In Potions, you risked your life on the simplest of potions. If you used the wrong ingredients or even just the wrong proportions, it could blow up or become poisonous or even worse. She had to be strict with her students for that exact reason.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:50 am

Felix nodded at the convenient solution. He hated to be in a problematic situation that was too fiddly to bother solving, so minor issues like this washed over him painlessly. He returned the smile, and a moment later turned it to the staff room's newest arrival of the morning.
"Morning, Mikhail, welcome back," he said, in a close mimicry of what the Transfiguration teacher had just said. It was impolite not to return a greeting properly, and Felix never got impolite unless he was uncomfortable.
"Brownies. Yes." Felix said thoughtfully, looking around and finally pointing flatly as Xander. "His fault, get him." A playful smile quirked lightly at his lips, and he shot it Xander's way, to show that he was only playing.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down