Oasis Hill Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

CBOX
Latest topics
» Wine and Moving On. [Chad- Closed]
where is your boy tonight? [ open ] i hope he is a gentleman EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 11:06 am by Michelle Amorcya

» Life Sucks [Gabrielle- Closed]
where is your boy tonight? [ open ] i hope he is a gentleman EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 11:50 pm by Michelle Amorcya

» hello again, friend of a friend [maria, summer]
where is your boy tonight? [ open ] i hope he is a gentleman EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 6:43 am by Ella Raines

» boy i think about it every night and day [ kyle ; closed? ] i'm addicted, wanna jump inside your love
where is your boy tonight? [ open ] i hope he is a gentleman EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 5:55 am by Gabrielle Amorcya

» Clean Up Project
where is your boy tonight? [ open ] i hope he is a gentleman EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 6:43 am by Ella Raines

» you've gotta help me out [ ella's wall of shame ] it's all a blur, last night
where is your boy tonight? [ open ] i hope he is a gentleman EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 5:57 am by Ella Raines

» morning mischief [jake, emily, chad ; closed]
where is your boy tonight? [ open ] i hope he is a gentleman EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 3:39 am by Ruby Marie Chapman

» where is your boy tonight? [ open ] i hope he is a gentleman
where is your boy tonight? [ open ] i hope he is a gentleman EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 3:25 am by Ruby Marie Chapman

» gabrielle amorcya `` plots
where is your boy tonight? [ open ] i hope he is a gentleman EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 2:22 am by Jacob Lawson

where is your boy tonight? [ open ] i hope he is a gentleman

3 posters

Go down

where is your boy tonight? [ open ] i hope he is a gentleman Empty where is your boy tonight? [ open ] i hope he is a gentleman

Post  Gabrielle Amorcya Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:11 am

What does it mean to truly love another?
There was a time in my life when I thought I knew the answer: It meant that I’d care for Savannah more deeply than I cared for myself and that we’d spend the rest of our lives together. It wouldn’t have taken much. She once told me that the key to happiness was achievable dreams, and hers were nothing out of the ordinary. Marriage, family... the basics. It meant I’d have a steady job, the house with the white picket fence, and a minivan or SUV big enough to haul our kids to school or to the dentist or off to soccer practice or piano recitals. Two or three kids, she was never clear on that, but my hunch is that when the time came, she would have suggested that we let nature take its course and allow God to make the decision. She was like that – religious, I mean – and I suppose that was part of the reason I fell for her. But no matter what was going on in our lives, I could imagine lying beside her in bed at the end of the day, holding her while we talking and laughed, lost in each other’s arms.

Gabrielle was sitting on the off white couch in the living room of her house mansion, her legs curled up underneath her. Her eyes were fixed on the book she was holding in her hands. Dear John, a muggle fiction written by muggle author, Nicholas Sparks. This was one of the reasons why Gabrielle was doing so well in Muggle Studies; she loved reading muggle literature. Her eyes were flying through the sentences, her attention focused completely on the book. She glanced up once or twice to thank a maid as they came to take her empty plates away. It was the weekend, and she’d decided to stay at home rather than stay at Oasis Hill. She’d needed time to herself, or at least, that’s what she was telling people. Really, she wanted to escape the school. Too much had changed at the school. At least at home, she knew what to expect. Nothing. Gabrielle yawned and took her eyes off the book for a moment. She stretched her arms out in front of her, her thumb keeping her place. She uncrossed her legs and stretched them out on the couch, taking advantage of the large amount of room.

It doesn’t sound so far-fetched, right? When two people love each other? That’s what I thought, too. And while part of me still wants to believe it’s possible, I know it’s not going to happen. When I leave here again, I’ll never come back.

For now, though, I’ll sit on the hillside overlooking her ranch and wait for her to appear. She won’t be able to see me, of course. In the army, you learn to blend into your surroundings, and I learned well, because I had no desire to die in some backward foreign dump in the middle of the Iraqi desert. But I had to come back to this small North Carolina mountain town to find out what happened. When a person sets a thing in motion, there’s a feeling of unease, almost regret, until you learn the truth.

Gabrielle’s eyes snapped up from her book as she heard a slight click, and the turn of a door handle. She frowned, turning her head slightly to see over her shoulder. She could see the front door in the very corner of her eyes. The door opened slowly, and Gabrielle expected to see Michelle, or even Danielle, walk through the door. She certainly wasn’t expecting... “Hello, Gabrielle, darling.” Her mother. Gabrielle could only stare. Finally, she swallowed, and swung her legs off the couch, pushing herself into a standing position. She dog-eared her book, and set it down on her now empty seat, and stepped out hesitantly from behind the couch. “I’m surprised you remember my name, mother”, Gabrielle said, her voice even. Janette Amorcya didn’t even hear her daughter’s words. Her blue eyes (which Gabrielle and Michelle had gotten from their mother), were scanning Gabrielle up and down.

“Gabrielle... what are you wearing?” Janette asked, not even trying to hide the disgust in her voice. Gabrielle blinked, and looked down at the outfit she’d chosen for her lazy day at home. An oversized sweatshirt which she suspected to be Kyle’s, over a pair of denim short shorts. Gabrielle turned her gaze back to her mother. “You’ll have to forgive me, mother”, Gabrielle said. Janette opened her mouth to say something, but Gabrielle held her hand up to stop her. “I’m so very sorry. How dare I think I can wear something comfortable in my own home. How dare I not wear a pretty dress with heels, and put makeup on and do my hair. Merlin forbid the media see’s me in my own home.”

Janette looked furious. “Gabrielle, I am your mother, and I will not –” She was cut off by Gabrielle’s laughter. “You’re my mother? I’m surprised you even remembered, given the fact that you’ve seen me – what? – Oh, I don’t know... four or five times in the past three years alone. Yeah, you’re my mother alright.”

“I will not be spoken to like that, young lady!” Janette said furiously. Gabrielle rolled her eyes.
“At least you remembered that I’m female”, she muttered. Before her mother could respond, Gabrielle grabbed her book, turned on her heel and marched up the stairs to her room. Once she reached her room (greeted by the loud barking of her dogs), Gabrielle placed her book on her bed and walked into her closet. A moment later, she came out wearing her bathing suit under some clothes. She slipped on a pair of shoes, and walked over to her bedroom door, and grabbed the two (pink, of course) leads that were hanging off a hook. Gabrielle knelt down on her knees, and her dogs came racing towards her. “Let’s go for a walk, puppies”, Gabrielle murmured as she clipped the leads onto her dogs’ collars. As she stood, Gabrielle grabbed her book again, grabbed a towel from the middle drawer on her dresser, and walked out of her room, making sure the close the door behind her.

She was in the living room again within a few minutes, and her mother had taken her place on the couch. “Where are you going?” Janette asked.
“Like you even have the right to ask that, mother”, Gabrielle said, grabbing her handbag off the coffee table. She shoved her towel and book into it, and started towards the front door.
Where are you going?” Janette asked again.
“OUT!” Gabrielle shouted, and slammed the door behind her.

----

She reached the beach a few minutes later, holding her dogs’ leads loosely in her hand while her dogs trailed behind her, sniffing everything eagerly. Gabrielle walked slowly through the sand, looking for a place to drop her stuff. Finally, she dropped her bag to the ground and kicked off her shoes. Gabrielle bent down and pulled her towel out of the bag, spreading it out on the sand. She unclipped the leads to her dogs’ collars, and they took off running for the water. Gabrielle watched them for a moment, before pulling her shirt off. She dropped it to the ground, and unbuttoned her shorts, slipping them off as well. Gabrielle sat down on the towel, facing the beach, and pulled her book out of her bag. After a moment, she let herself fall backwards so she was lying down.

But of this I am certain: Savannah will never know I’ve been here today.
Part of me aches at the thought of her being so close yet so untouchable, but her story and mine are different now. It wasn’t easy for me to accept this simple truth, because there was a time when our stories were the same, but that was six years and two lifetimes ago. There are memories for both of us, of course, but I’ve learned that memories can have a physical, almost living presence, and in this, Savannah and I are different as well. If hers are stars in the nighttime sky, mine are the haunted empty spaces in between. And unlike her, I’ve been burdened by questions I’ve asked myself a thousand times since the last time we were together. Why did I do it? And would I do it again?
It was I, you see, who ended it.
Gabrielle Amorcya
Gabrielle Amorcya
Admin

Back to top Go down

where is your boy tonight? [ open ] i hope he is a gentleman Empty Re: where is your boy tonight? [ open ] i hope he is a gentleman

Post  Jacob Lawson Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:12 am

Why did he open his big mouth? He knew he should never ever tell his girlfriend that one of his exes was looking hot and if only her and Ruby were friends. Jake felt right at that moment like the biggest ass in the entire world and wanted the floor to eat him up on the spot. Ruby got this funny look on her face, and he knew he made a big mistake. She just talked in that funny tone like he was a child and she wasn't happy and all she was saying just went over his head when she did that. All he could think about was what the two of them could be doing right now if he hadn't mentioned the flipping ex. In one ear and out the other, Ruby certainly had a colourful vocabulary he couldn't deny that. As soon as something hit his head, he came back down to Earth, "You're not even listening to me, Jake!". Jake stumbled back as he shook his head, it felt like a ton of bricks. "Ow! What'd you do that for?!" He saw her handbag lying at his feet, and he frowned. "What is in this thing? Bricks?" Jake bent down and picked it up, rubbing his cheek where it had hit him. Why Ruby needed a suitcase for her junk he'd never know.

"That's going to bruise Rubes!" All Ruby did was stomped over to him and snatched her handbag from him. "I'll ...er.. leave then?" Jake took a couple of steps back, watching out for anything else that could come flying his way before turning around and walking out of his own house. Slamming the door behind him he shook his head and muttered, "Mad woman!" Jake didn't know where he should go. The beach would be empty this time of day, surely everyone had something better to do. He walked down the round, mulling over his relationship with Ruby.

If he was in Ruby's position he would have said that the guy was still a twat and was with the ugliest girl around so was clearly mental. Of course, Ruby didn't do any of that, she just started talking and it was all a loud of rubbish. He saw the beginning of the beach, around the back of Woodberg and walked onto the white sand wondering how he could make it up to Ruby. He was in the wrong, and he knew that but what could he do. Girls could be so annoying sometimes! Jake heard a bark and wondered who else could be here, he saw two very familiar dogs playing in the water. That meant that the very ex he was arguing about was on the beach. He couldn't go back home and there wasn't really anywhere else, he could just catch up with her, there was no problem with that?

He turned the corner and could easily tell it was Gabrielle, she was lying down obviously enjoying the sunshine in a pink camouflage bikini. Jake towered over her, the shade covering her, "Hi Gabbi" He couldn't help his eyes flickering before he sat down next to her. Why did they break up again?
Jacob Lawson
Jacob Lawson
Admin

Back to top Go down

where is your boy tonight? [ open ] i hope he is a gentleman Empty Re: where is your boy tonight? [ open ] i hope he is a gentleman

Post  Gabrielle Amorcya Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:00 am

On the trees surrounding me, the leaves are just beginning their slow turn toward the colour of fire, glowing as the sun peeks over the horizon. Birds have begun their morning calls, and the air is perfumed with the scent of pine and earth; different from the brine and salt of my hometown. In time, the front door cracks open, and it’s then that I see her. Despite the distance between us, I find myself holding my breath as she steps into the dawn. She stretches before descending the front steps and heads around the side. Beyond her, the horse pasture shimmers like a green ocean, and she passes through the gate that leads toward it. A horse calls out a greeting, as does another, and my first thought is that Savannah seems too small to be moving so easily among them. But she was always comfortable with horses, and they were comfortable with her. A half dozen nibble on grass near the fence post, mainly quarter horses, and Midas, her white-socked black Arabian, stands off to one side. I rode with her once, luckily without injury, and as I was hanging on for dear life, I remember thinking that she looked so relaxed in the saddle that she could have been watching television.

Gabrielle turned the page, adjusting her sunglasses after she did so. A part of her wanted to go swimming, but mostly she wanted to stay and read this book. She’d read it a million times before, and it never got boring to her. Plus, it was helping to keep her mind off her mother. A frown crossed her face at the thought of her mother, the world famous actress. Why was she back? Gabrielle didn’t remember getting a letter from her mother. Usually she would send the twins a letter to inform them if a movie had been finished, and she would let them know that she would be coming home for a few days before leaving again to film another movie. But this time, her mother hadn’t even said how long she’d be home for. Gabrielle sighed, resting her book on her stomach. She stretched her arms out, feeling the sand between her fingers. Gabrielle always felt bitter towards her mother. Not that the woman who was currently sitting in the mansion could really be called a mother. She hadn’t spent much time with the twins since they’d been about six.

Gabrielle picked her book up again. Thinking about her mother always made her angry. She tried thinking about something else. But all that would come to mind was her father. That didn’t make her feel much better, but at least he sent regular letters to let the twins know what was going on. The most recent letter had told them that he was camping at the destruction site of Hogwarts. Apparently the site hadn’t been cleared; the building (or what was left of it) was still there. Her father had mentioned that it was possible that he’d be coming home within the next few weeks, only for a few days, though. There were some things at home that he needed, apparently. Gabrielle shook her head. She needed to stop thinking about her parents. They would probably become the reason that Gabrielle would end up in muggle jail.

Savannah takes a moment to greet Midas now. She rubs his nose while she whispers something, she pats his haunches, and when she turns away, his ears prick up as she heads toward the barn.
She vanishes, then emerges again, carrying two pails – oats, I think. She hangs the pails on two fence posts, and a couple of the horses trot toward them. When she steps back to make room, I see her hair flutter in the breeze before she retrieves a saddle and bridle. While Midas eats, she readies him for her ride, and a few minutes later she’s leading him from the pasture, toward the trails in the forest, looking exactly as she did six years ago.

Gabrielle was pretty much engrossed in her book once again. The sun was warm against her skin, and she could feel her skin tanning under the rays. The sun also provided good lighting for her to read in. At least, it was, until a shadow fell over her and her light was diminished. Gabrielle made a small noise of protest. “Hi Gabbi.” Gabrielle’s blood ran cold, and she froze. Her fingers gripped her book tightly. Only two people in the world could get away with calling her that, and one of those people had lost that right a long time ago. Gabrielle slowly lowered her book as she felt someone sit down beside her. Finally, with shaky fingers, Gabrielle dog-eared her page, and closed her book, putting it on the towel beside her. She slowly lifted herself up onto her elbows, and turned her head to see the person sitting beside her, wishing with all her might that it wasn’t who she thought it was. “Jake”, she said, trying hard to keep her voice from breaking. She swallowed. “What are you doing here?” Her stomach was flip-flopping all over itself. She felt sick. She felt like she needed to get up and run away.
Gabrielle Amorcya
Gabrielle Amorcya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacob Lawson Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:32 am

“Dear John? Is it any good?” He read off the cover, ignoring her shaky voice and smirking at her expression. “I’m just enjoying the beach. That a crime?” Jake shrugged, he hadn’t meant to make Gabrielle uncomfortable. He didn’t think she’d still be sore about the break up, it was a long time ago now anyway, didn’t she have another boyfriend? “Where’s Kyle? Isn’t he the new boyfriend for now?” His tone sounded bitter didn’t it? Or was it just him? It wasn’t just him that found it wasn’t working, Gabrielle hadn’t wanted to stay with him either. They were both as bad as each other really. Although it had only lasted a few months, it wasn’t as if his feelings had changed much, Jake just got a bit bored and wanted a change. It had gotten to that point that it was becoming a little more serious and it just didn’t work out.

Jake was quite jealous of Kyle though. They had been together a good deal of time hadn’t they? What was between them that was so different to his relationship with her? “You’ve changed a bit since I last saw you Gabbi” Jake flicked a lock of her hair; it was so much longer now. “It’s…. better. What made you change so much?” He wanted to know why she had decided to change, it was so different. “What are you doing here all by yourself then?” Jake asked, Michelle must be off with Jared or something. It was making him miss Gabbi a little bit, he always wanted what he couldn’t have. As soon as Jake thought about being with Gabbi again, he instantly remembered his current girlfriend. He didn’t want to ruin that with Gabrielle of all people. He had had a longer relationship with Ruby anyway, probably longer than Gabrielle and Kyle.

Now he was getting competitive. Perhaps it was what she was wearing, putting stupid thoughts in his head. As if anyone could concentrate while any girl was wearing something like that? Ruby. Ruby. Ruby. Ruby. Ruby. You know... his girlfriend.
Jacob Lawson
Jacob Lawson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabrielle Amorcya Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:54 am

“Dear John? Is it any good?”

Gabrielle ignored his smirk, but she had to admire his ability to ignore her shaky voice and obvious uncomfortableness. “I’ve read it about five times”, Gabrielle said slowly, a light frown on her face. “It’s still amazing.” She watched Jake carefully. Something about him still made her heart flutter. Something about him put butterflies back in her stomach. “I’m just enjoying the beach. That a crime?” Gabrielle shook her head. She supposed not. It was a free beach, after all. But did he have to “enjoy the beach” right next to her? Once upon a time she would have enjoyed him being so close to her. She would have enjoyed his arrogant looking smirk, and she would have enjoyed the way he snuck glances at her when she thought he wasn’t looking. But she didn’t enjoy those things. Not anymore. At least, that’s what she told herself. She was with Kyle, now. She was happy with Kyle. “Where’s Kyle? Isn’t he the new boyfriend for now?” Gabrielle’s hand twitched and her frown deepened as she shot an annoyed look at Jake. “‘For now’? I’ll have you know that Kyle and I have been together almost a year. Does that sound like ‘for now’ to you?” she asked.

Jake’s tone had sounded bitter when he’d asked about Kyle. Gabrielle ignored it. At least, she tried to. “And if you must know, Kyle is...” she trailed off. She really had no idea where her boyfriend was. “...well, he’s around somewhere.” Gabrielle sighed, and pushed herself into a sitting position. She dusted her arms off, the sand sprinkling onto her towel. “You’ve changed a bit since I last saw you Gabbi.” There it was again. That nickname. Gabrielle stayed perfectly still as Jake flicked a lock of her hair. She didn’t trust herself to move. “It’s... better. What made you change so much?” Gabrielle tilted her head at his question, and at his slight compliment. It was better? What was that supposed to mean? That he hadn’t liked the way she looked before? “I grew up”, Gabrielle said, trying to find the right words. “I decided I needed a change, and my looks are the only thing I have control over. So I changed them.”

She was slowly becoming more comfortable about being around Jake. And being around him was making her remember why she’d fallen for him in the first place. Somewhere inside her, she still had those feelings for him. When they’d broken up, it hadn’t been because they’d stopping having feelings for each other. It had been because things were becoming too serious, and neither of them had wanted to commit to the other. It was shortly after their breakup that Jake had become known for sleeping with any girl who was willing. The “male version of Ruby”. They were a perfect match. “What are you doing here all by yourself then?” Gabrielle busied herself with fiddling with the corner of her towel. “The mother unit is back”, Gabrielle said, her tone bitter. Jake would know. He’d met ‘the mother unit’ during the one and only visit he’d had to the Amorcya Mansion. Gabrielle and her mother had gotten into a fight that day.
Gabrielle Amorcya
Gabrielle Amorcya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacob Lawson Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:31 am

“I grew up”, well that was a great answer. Pretty much no explanation at all really. Jake could see her getting a little angry, she could probably slap him quickly, he didn’t know if he would be able to dodge her hand in time. “I decided I needed a change, and my looks are the only thing I have control over. So I changed them.” Jake began to feel slightly sorry for Gabrielle. She had so much more control than that, just because her parents were all high and mighty didn’t mean that she had no control. “You can do anything Gabbi.” Jake knew what Gabrielle was capable of, only when she put her mind to it. She could be whoever she wanted, “No one can boss you around” he frowned, this Kyle probably wasn’t much help.

Gabrielle’s eyes dropped as she answered his next question, “The mother unit is back” Jake sighed, well now he felt bad. Janette Amorcya was one of the worst women he had ever met. “How long is she around for?” He knew there wasn’t a lot Gabrielle could do, just want for her to leave for another movie and stay away from the house while she was around. “I’m guessing she doesn’t like this much?” Jake pointed to her face, she was a crazy woman.

The first time he had met her, she made some snide remark about Jacob Lawson not being at all good enough to take Gabrielle away, and how on Earth would he be able to look after her? She said Gabrielle was uncontrollable and would just constantly argue. From what Jake could recall, it had only been a short visit to the Amorcya mansion at the point. Of course, he wasn’t even thinking any further than Oasis Hill at that time, so Janette had managed to terrify him on their first meeting. Anyone would’ve thought Janette wanted Gabrielle to be alone her entire life. "She can't stop you doing anything. Why don't you leave while she's away?" Jake didn't know what Gabrielle would do, unfortunately he didn't want to say it but she really was too much of a spoilt brat with all of her fancy smancy animals to leave all the money behind.
Jacob Lawson
Jacob Lawson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabrielle Amorcya Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:01 am

“You can do anything Gabbi.”

Oh, Merlin. Gabrielle swallowed. “No one can boss you around.” It was true, but hearing it – and especially hearing it from Jacob Lawson of all people – was... different. Gabrielle managed a small smile in Jake’s direction, but she was still fiddling with the corner of her towel. “How long is she around for?” Gabrielle shrugged, dropping her towel and looking at Jake. “I don’t even know. She didn’t even owl me to let me know she was coming back.” It wasn’t as if her mother had an obligation to let Gabrielle know when she would be coming home, but Gabrielle would have preferred some warning. She hated being surprised. Especially by her mother. Especially when she was lying on the couch in clothes that her mother found distasteful. Gabrielle was a lady, and according to Janette Amorcya, “ladies do not wear shorts and sweatshirts”.

“I’m guessing she doesn’t like this much?” Gabrielle blinked as she was pulled out of her own thoughts. She looked at Jake, only to be confronted by his finger in her face. Gabrielle frowned. “She says I look too ‘intimidating’”, she said. “Like, seriously. Me, intimidating? Anyone who’s met me knows I couldn’t even intimidate a fly.” Gabrielle rolled her eyes. “She’s just worried that my ‘new look’ will stuff around with her reputation. Merlin forbid one of her daughters does something different.” Gabrielle shook her head. Really, all her mother wanted was for the twins to look presentable. She wanted them to dress nicely and show up at functions so they could play happy family in front of the media. Any change to that could potentially ruin Janette Amorcya’s reputation and career. Gabrielle honestly didn’t give a crap about her mother’s reputation, least of all her career. It was the career that had torn the family apart in the first place. When was the last time Gabrielle’s parents had even slept beside each other in the same bed? In fact, when was the last time they’d even spoken to each other? Gabrielle doubted it had been recently, considering her father was out of contact, and her mother had been working on a movie for the past six months.

“She can’t stop you from doing anything. Why don’t you leave while she’s away?” Gabrielle looked at Jake, her face thoughtful. She’d thought about it. She’d thought about it every time her mother had left to film another movie. She’d thought about it every time she’d received a letter from her mother claiming she would only be “another couple of weeks”, and promising that once she was back they could be a real family again. “Where would I go, Jake?” Gabrielle frowned. She hadn’t called him that in a long time. “My best friend has just had a baby. Her house only has two rooms, and they’re cramped as it is. My boyfriend is... well, who the hell knows where Kyle is? And I don’t even know what’s going on in Michelle’s brain anymore.” Gabrielle tugged at the ends of her hair. “I can afford a place on my own, but I don’t want to be on my own. Do you know how boring that would be? Not to mention lonely? Can you imagine having to go home to an empty house? I’d go insane.”
Gabrielle Amorcya
Gabrielle Amorcya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacob Lawson Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:22 pm

Jacob shook his head, “She says I look too ‘intimidating’” Janette really was great for someone’s self-esteem. He squinted at her, leaning back trying to find an ounce of intimidation in her. “Like, seriously. Me, intimidating? Anyone who’s met me knows I couldn’t even intimidate a fly.” Jake smiled, “I don’t know. This isn’t screaming Little Miss Perfect to me!” He said jokingly. Janette was smothering her in her lifestyle and somehow couldn’t find the time to be a mum. Danielle and Alec were probably better parents and they had only just started. Jake didn’t really know what he could do in her situation. He would definitely move out, and probably move in with Chad but first off, Gabrielle didn’t know Chad, it would be very weird and he couldn’t trust Chad with any girl. “All I can say is I’ll help you as much as I can.” Jake shrugged, it was the best he could do.

“My best friend has just had a baby. Her house only has two rooms, and they’re cramped as it is. My boyfriend is... well, who the hell knows where Kyle is? And I don’t even know what’s going on in Michelle’s brain anymore.” He really didn’t know what to say, of course Alec and Danielle were a complete no-no, Kyle was seeming to be (although he was Ruby's brother) a crappy boyfriend in his book. Saying that though, did Ruby know where Jake was right now? He thought it was obvious, but girls could be so stupid sometimes. He didn’t know what was going on with Michelle at the moment, he hadn’t even seen her in a while, he didn’t exactly gossip with the Amorcya twins on a regular basis.

“I can afford a place on my own, but I don’t want to be on my own. Do you know how boring that would be? Not to mention lonely? Can you imagine having to go home to an empty house? I’d go insane.” Jake looked around the beach, the dogs were playing in the waves barking and running in and out with the current. “I’ll see what I can do. You wouldn’t be alone!” He laughed, it wasn’t impossible, there were plenty of people looking for roommates, they’d just need to have a zoo around the corner with twenty-four hour visits for Gabrielle to see all of her creatures, some of them were terribly annoying.
Jacob Lawson
Jacob Lawson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabrielle Amorcya Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:54 am

“I don’t know. This isn’t screaming Little Miss Perfect to me!”

Gabrielle could hear the joke in his tone. She smiled, even managing a soft laugh. “It looks more tough than it really is. The makeup’s changed – the girl underneath it hasn’t.” Her mother was smothering her. In her lifestyle, in her beliefs, in everything. Janette Amorcya “just wanted the best for her daughters”. If that was true, then she’d spend more time at home and less time making out with people who weren’t their father. Of course, the people she “made out” with were actors, and it was for the movie, but it didn’t make it any easier to see. The amount of magazines that had featured Janette on the cover with another man was countless. Gabrielle collected these magazines. They were ridiculous and full of false rumours about her mother, but these magazines were Gabrielle’s guilty pleasure. It was really her only way of keeping up with her mother. “All I can say is that I’ll help you as much as I can.” Gabrielle frowned, realising for the first time that neither she nor Jake had spoken in a while. Her frown deepened when she realised what Jake had said. After two years of not speaking, he suddenly wanted to help her?

Although their breakup hadn’t been a bitter one – it had been a mutual decision on both their parts, due to their inability to commit to the one person – it had still been a breakup. There had still been tension between them. It had still lead Gabrielle to believe that they could never have the same relationship, let alone friendship, that they’d once shared. And the fact that Jake had become the male version of Ruby (who was already an accomplished slut bicycle, even at sixteen) had just rubbed Gabrielle the wrong way. Although Gabrielle wasn’t one to preach her beliefs and her morals to anyone (she definitely believed that someone shouldn’t have sex with many different people just for fun), it didn’t stop her from being disgusted at the actions of others.

“I’ll see what I can do. You wouldn’t be alone!” Gabrielle smiled when Jake laughed, but her smile was quickly replaced by a frown. She looked down at her legs, which were slowly reddening due to the sun. “Jake, it’s been great talking to you and all...” Gabrielle started, “But why are you suddenly offering to help? We haven’t spoken in almost two years. Why are we suddenly talking?” Gabrielle looked at her ex-boyfriend, examined his face. It had almost destroyed her when she’d found out about Jake dating Ruby. Because their breakup hadn’t been because of lack of feelings for each other, Gabrielle had still harboured some feelings towards Jake when she’d started dating Kyle. “Did you and Ruby break up, Jake? Because if you’re here looking for a rebound, I should remind you that I’m dating Kyle now.”
Gabrielle Amorcya
Gabrielle Amorcya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacob Lawson Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:59 am

“It looks more tough than it really is. The makeup’s changed – the girl underneath it hasn’t.” Jake nodded, she was still the same Gabbi he knew. He had found it difficult after breaking up with Gabbi, he loved her all the same Jake knew he couldn't promise that he wouldn't disappoint her, just like she couldn't do the same. They were both better off not being together, but part of Jake missed Gabrielle. “Jake, it’s been great talking to you and all...” He knew this would come at some point. “But why are you suddenly offering to help? We haven’t spoken in almost two years. Why are we suddenly talking?”

Jake wasn't sure what to say to his ex-girlfriend. “Did you and Ruby break up, Jake? Because if you’re here looking for a rebound, I should remind you that I’m dating Kyle now.” Ouch. He wasn't stupid. Although Kyle really didn't deserve her, although nor did Jake. He knew how much Ruby and Gabbi hated each other, if Ruby found out he was talking to Gabbi, especially in this situation should would probably go mental. "Yet you're not even sure where he is right now, he sounds like a great guy Gabbi!" He said sarcastically, with a shake of his head. Typical Gabbi. If he saw Gabbi and Kyle together he wouldn't even think they were together. They just didn't suit each other like that. Jake couldn't see it.

"Of course I've not broken it off with Ruby. Everything is perfectly fine." He couldn't help a small smile, he thought he was so lucky to have someone like Ruby. Even though part of him still really really liked Gabrielle, Ruby was always going to be The One to him. "Don't you worry Gabbi. I don't need a rebound in my life."
Jacob Lawson
Jacob Lawson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabrielle Amorcya Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:28 am

Gabrielle watched closely for Jake’s reaction. She knew him well enough to know that he wouldn’t take a stab to his pride lightly. “Yet you’re not even sure where he is right now, he sounds like a great guy Gabbi!” Okay, ouch. She hadn’t known he’d take the immediate attack approach. Gabrielle winced slightly at his words, pulling her knees towards her chest. “Of course I’ve not broken it off with Ruby. Everything is perfectly fine.” Gabrielle nodded, her gaze on her towel. She didn’t miss the smile on his face, or the look in his eyes. Once upon a time, he’d had that look in his eyes when he thought about Gabrielle. Once upon a time, that smile had been for her. Gabrielle shook her head, clearing her thoughts. She couldn’t think like that. Gabrielle was with Kyle now. She loved Kyle. She was happy. Just because she didn’t know where her boyfriend was at the moment, just because they didn’t live together or spend every waking minute together, didn’t mean Gabrielle wasn’t happy. She was an independent girl. She didn’t need to spend every minute with Kyle. She didn’t ever want to be one of those girls who needed to see their boyfriend constantly.

“Don’t you worry Gabbi. I don’t need a rebound in my life.” Gabrielle looked up at her former boyfriend. “Okay, fine”, she said, frowning. “My turn to talk. I may not know where Kyle is right now, but I do not have him on a leash. Kyle and I are happy. He can go and do whatever he wants. He has no obligation to tell me where he is, who he’s with or even what he’s doing. He is his own person, just as I am. Do you think he knows that I’m here right now? Do you think he knows I’m talking to you? No. Because he trusts me, and I trust him.” Gabrielle took a deep breath. She didn’t even know why she felt the need to explain herself to Jake, or even to justify her relationship to him. But she had to. Jake had always grated her in a way that no one else could. He challenged her. Deep down, Gabrielle missed him. Deep down, she still really liked him. But closer to the surface, the part of her emotions that Gabrielle could actually control, he bugged her. She wanted nothing more than for him to leave. They’d had their conversation. There was nothing left to say. But things were never that easy.

Gabrielle turned her gaze back to Jake, straightening her legs and leaning back on her elbows. She tilted her head back, exposing her neck to the sun. “And you know, Jake, I can’t remember the last time Kyle and I fought over one of us being jealous”, she said, “In fact, I don’t think we’ve ever fought about that.” Gabrielle looked at Jake, her head tilted to one side. “Where does Ruby think you are right now, Jake?”
Gabrielle Amorcya
Gabrielle Amorcya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jacob Lawson Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:57 am

Jake frowned, watching Gabrielle move just out of the corner of his eye. He stared at the waves, watching them come in and then move out again, rhythmically. “My turn to talk. I may not know where Kyle is right now, but I do not have him on a leash. Kyle and I are happy. He can go and do whatever he wants. He has no obligation to tell me where he is, who he’s with or even what he’s doing. He is his own person, just as I am. Do you think he knows that I’m here right now? Do you think he knows I’m talking to you? No. Because he trusts me, and I trust him.” Jake didn't know what to do, he was so close to just stomping off and leaving her sat there like a loser but he still wanted to argue with her. Jake shrugged, he didn't need to know all of that but still she had told him and it was good to hear that they can trust each other.

"That's good" He didn't mean to appear rude but what else was he supposed to say? Jake had no idea. “And you know, Jake, I can’t remember the last time Kyle and I fought over one of us being jealous”, He turned to her, her head tilted away from him. For a second he pictured them together, like a flash in his head what it would be like to be with her, really with her right at that moment. Jake sighed, "Doesn't just a little bit of jealousy mean something? I think you need a bit of jealousy in a relationship I think it shows that a person still wants them around. Maybe Kyle has just gotten used to you, taken you for granted. Did you ever think of that?" Jake didn't mean to sound harsh, he shook his head "I'm sorry Gabbi, I didn't mean it like that." He looked at her a little worried. Jake hadn't wanted to upset her.

“Where does Ruby think you are right now, Jake?” Jake shrugged, shaking his head. "With my friends I suppose. I'm not sure. At the house maybe" He didn't think she'd be too bothered he was down at the beach, although Ruby might mind that Jake was talking to Gabrielle, just the two of them about a very...personal topic. "I don't think she's looking for me or anything at the moment. Probably doing her own thing, gossiping with Emily or something. Girls are so talkative. It's crazy living with one." Jake stretched and laid back onto the sand, putting his hand behind his head and looking up at the clouds. He loved hearing all the sounds at the beach.
Jacob Lawson
Jacob Lawson
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gabrielle Amorcya Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:19 am

“That’s good.”

Really? Was that all he was going to give her? Gabrielle had just defended her relationship to the one person who didn’t deserve it, and all he was going to say was “That’s good”? She shook her head. Gabrielle just couldn’t understand boys sometimes. “Doesn’t just a little bit of jealousy mean something? I think you need a bit of jealousy in a relationship. I think it shows that a person still wants them around. Maybe Kyle has just gotten used to you, taken you for granted. Did you ever think of that?” Gabrielle blinked. No, she had never thought of that. But only because Gabrielle had never shown an interest in other guys while Kyle was around. Sure, she had the odd gossip session with Michelle every now and then over who was hotter than who, and what movie stars they would like to have their way with, but Gabrielle never spoke about these things in front of Kyle. She knew that if she hadn’t ended up with Kyle, she would never have found someone who was so sweet, so willing to allow her to be herself. Gabrielle would never have found someone who she was able to have a good time with and at the same time, do all that coupley stuff that people in relationships did.

“I’m sorry Gabbi, I didn’t mean it like that.” Gabrielle looked at Jake, who was looking at her. All at once, she realised that he hadn’t meant to offend her. Gabrielle knew she couldn’t stay mad at Jake forever. Honestly, she had no idea why she was mad at him in the first place. They hadn’t had a bad breakup. They hadn’t really spoken after their breakup, so that was a reason for her to be annoyed at him. Annoyed, yes, but not mad. Gabrielle sighed, running a hand through her hair as Jake shrugged. “With my friends I suppose. I’m not sure. At the house maybe.” Ah. That mean they had had a fight. Gabrielle had been right. Ruby had no idea where Jake was right now. “I don’t think she’s looking for me or anything at the moment. Probably doing her own thing, gossiping with Emily or something. Girls are so talkative. It’s crazy living with one.” Gabrielle nodded slowly. She had no doubts that Ruby wasn’t looking for Jake. Of course she wasn’t. If they’d had a fight, Ruby would expect Jake to go crawling back to her, not the other way around. And Ruby usually got her way.

Gabrielle sighed, watching as Jake fell backwards onto the sand. They were getting uncomfortably comfortable with each other. “I never understood how Ruby and Emily could be best friends, let alone friends in general”, she said, frowning slightly, “Alec and Emily I can understand. You and Emily I can understand. But Ruby and Emily? They’re just so... different. Ruby’s such a... well, she’s not like Emily.” Gabrielle glanced down at Jake, before turning her gaze to the water, watching her dogs play with the waves. “Is it weird, living with Emily? What does Ruby think about it? Does she get jealous? Does she think that there’s something going on between you and Emily?”
Gabrielle Amorcya
Gabrielle Amorcya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruby Marie Chapman Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:25 am

Ruby hated fighting. She especially hated fighting when it was with Jake. In Ruby’s opinion, fights were childish and unnecessary. Most of Ruby’s conflicts were solved with a quiet and calm discussion about the problem. Or sex. However, this was one of the rare times that Ruby had allowed herself to flare up at her boyfriend. She couldn’t sit back and listen calmly while Jake tried to rationalise his reason for telling her that he thought one of his ex girlfriend’s had gotten hot. What ex girlfriend? That was what Ruby wanted to know. She knew everyone he’d ever dated before her. She knew every girl he’d ever had sex with. Just like Jake knew every boy Ruby had dated before him. Being friends before being in a relationship had really worked out in Ruby’s favour. Until now. Now, all of a sudden, Jake had to bring up a mystery girlfriend. Now, he wanted to tell Ruby he thought that this mystery girlfriend had “gotten hot”. Ruby doubted it. All of the girls Jake had dated and had sex with were idiots. Thank Merlin he’d come to his senses and realised that Ruby was the right one for him.

She was sitting in Jake’s room. He’d left his own house in a huff. Of course, Ruby had been partly to blame. She’d thrown her handbag at him. Probably a bit of an overreaction, but when Ruby got mad, she got mad. There was a reason Ruby liked to solve all conflicts with a few calm words. She was psychotic when she allowed herself to get mad. Ruby sighed, frowning at the wall as she drew her knees into her chest. She didn’t like this. She didn’t like the way she felt right now. She had no idea where her boyfriend was, and really, she just wanted to apologise to him. It was her fault, and she knew it. She wanted to apologise to Jake. Ruby lowered her legs and stood up. She decided, she would let Jake cool off, and she would cool off herself. Ruby slipped off her clothes and walked over to Jake’s closet. She always kept a few things here seeing as she’d been spending the night a lot lately. Within seconds, Ruby had changed into her bikini and was walking out of the house. Emily had left sometime earlier, so Ruby made sure to lock the door when she left.

As Ruby walked through the streets of Woodberg County, she suddenly became aware of how... perverted her home town was. She was receiving wolf whistles left, right and centre. Of course, she’d always been on the receiving end of these compliments, but Ruby had always brushed them off before. Now, she wished she had Jake with her, to stop those leering eyes. With a frown, Ruby shook away her thoughts and made herself stand tall. No, she would not become one of those girls. She would not allow Jake to define her. Ruby was her own person, she was quite capable of taking care of herself. She did not need the big strong man to protect her small, weak self. No she did not. Ruby ignored the whistles, she ignored the leers, and made her way to the beach. She would have loved to bring her dogs here, but unfortunately she had way too many animals to keep an eye on. Her dogs would go crazy at the amount of freedom here. As Ruby walked through the sand, she ran a hand through her hair. She did love the beach. Ruby breathed deeply, enjoying the salty air until she noticed two dogs frolicking in the water.

A frown crossed her face. Ruby knew those dogs. She scanned the beach, and sure enough, her gaze fell upon a familiar blonde. Ruby’s frown deepened. There was someone with the blonde. If it was her brother, Ruby had every right to go and say hello. With that in mind, Ruby walked over to the two, a greeting on her lips until she realised who the other person was. She was close enough now to be able to hear bits and pieces of the conversation. “Is it weird, living with Emily?” the blonde was asking. “What does Ruby think about it? Does she get jealous? Does she think that there’s something going on between you and Emily?” Ruby walked closer to the two, placing one hand on her hip as she reached them. “No, she doesn’t get jealous and she certainly doesn’t think there’s something going on. Emily and Jake both know the price they’d pay if they ever went behind my back”, Ruby said, her tone icy. “I do however, wonder what’s going on here.” Jake looked entirely too comfortable next to the Amorcya rat. Gabrielle looked shocked to see Ruby. A look of fear crossed the blonde girl’s face. Good.
Ruby Marie Chapman
Ruby Marie Chapman

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down